Travel clinics at Shoreditch Park Surgery
To aid the smooth running of the travel service at the surgery we would ask you to contact the surgery via telephone on 0207 739 8525 before 12pm, Monday to Friday. Inform the receptionist where you are travelling to and when and they will book you in for an appointment.
Travel vaccines can take up to two weeks to become fully effective. Appointments can get booked up very quickly so please give yourself plenty of time to protect yourself. Some vaccines are given over the course of a month so you need to think about it about 12 weeks ahead for a satisfactory immune response.
Please bring your itinerary with you and any record of previous vaccines you have had as this will help you and the nurse in preparing for your trip. If you are visiting more than one country, please book a double appointment.
Please note that some of these are available on the NHS but there will be a charge for some. A list of these charges is available below and the charges applies to BOTH adults and children.
- Malaria prophylaxis - (tablets) on private prescription – cost varies depending on choice of tablet.
- Diptheria, tetanus and inactivated polio (DTP) - 3 in 1 Free NHS vaccine
- Typhoid - Free NHS vaccine
- Hepatitis A - Free NHS vaccine
- Hepatitis B - £25 per vaccine (a course of 3 is usually required if having this vaccine)
- Meningitis ACWY and certificate £35 once – although visitors to Hajj will need a 5 yearly booster
- Yellow Fever - vaccination and international certification of yellow fever vaccination once for lifetime
- Rabies - vaccines are not offered at the Surgery
- Japanese encephalitis - vaccines are not offered at Surgery
- Cholera - vaccine (oral) available on private prescription
- Tick Borne encephalitis - not offered at the surgery
For non-NHS vaccines a cash payment is required, so please bring this to your appointment to avoid delays. For those vaccines listed that are not available at the surgery, a travel risk assessment and immunisation are available for a fee at a local participating pharmacy.
Please refer to the following websites for up to date travel advice relating to your chosen destination/s: